Sunday, March 04, 2007

Blessing # 4 Amazing Women

All around me are amazing women. They are singles, they are married, some are moms and some are grandmas some just are fantastic.



I am privileged to witness almost daily the beauty and strength that amazing women add to my life.



Today in response to an unspoken need, I watched a young woman surrounded by friends without question or judgement as we prayed and counselled her through a situation. I see daily women who are passionate about what they do, be it parenting or Medicine. I see a young person who is so diligent that she would drive for hours to be on time to a rehearsal. Or an amazing woman of faith who doesn't just talk, but puts her beliefs, values and faith into action to accomplish a feat few could achieve all for the benefit of others.



This last woman is a pastor at my church. Her name is Kimberly Sabourin, and she will be participating in a massive fundraiser for Cancer research.

When women gather together, they are a changing force for good.

If you would like to get in on the action. Support Kimberly Sabourin as she walks 60 Km!!!



You go Girls!

4 comments:

Trayce said...

That's an uncredible thing that Kim is doing! I have been thinking about walking, but I just don't know if I could Raise $2,000. I would love to do it though. It's something that I've been wanting to do for some time. Maybe I should just do it! What if I cannot raise that amount of money though. Also, I don't know anyone with breast cancer. Do you think that matters?

Anonymous said...

tracy... you could do whatever you set your mind to! i have no doubt

Laura

Trayce said...

Were you in need of a change? This is a pretty and fresh new look :)

Donna said...

Yes Pastor Kim is really great and so are you Laura!