Tuesday, March 27, 2007

When God Moves

I am learning the value of praying a prayer and then just waiting with heart and eyes open for the answer to prayer. Often it doesn't happen in the way that I expect or maybe even desire, but it ALWAYS comes.

It happened with a weight-loss program, it happened with a new opportunity and now it has happened again.

I felt a while ago that I needed to fast TV. I will admit that I was afraid of what that would mean. It sounds stupid to even say it, but the TV helps me occupy my time. As a single person often it is the only other voice I hear.

I have been looking for the right opportunity to fast TV, not just for the sake of it, but to really accomplish something. As well, I have been praying about a deeper more intimate walk with the Lord. I know that intimacy takes time, and if that time is spent in front of the TV, it is difficult to build that intimacy.

God, in His grace, and beauty has answered a acouple of prayers with the same event. As a cast Kim encouraged us to fast something and pray for the people who will be coming to see The Nails. Today, I decided to fast TV.

Wouldn't you know, I had difficulty getting to sleep last night, something wasn't right, I slipped out of bed and onto the floor. I worshipped and prayed with depth and passion that I haven't known in a long time, I am ashamed to say that it is a long time since I had a moment like that.

If that is going to be the experience each day... WOW!!!

Thanks God for your amazing abundant grace.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Yes Laura I felt called to fast something after Pastor Kim put out that request. I do not think it is safe for me to not eat so I have decided to fast certain foods until Easter with the acception of the cast party at which I will eat what God's table is blessed with no matter what my preferences might be. I am glad you had that close connected experience with Christ through your prayer. It is so recharging.