Friday, March 02, 2007

Blessing # 3




This one is a 2-fer




Last night as I arrived home from a LONG day at work, this was the sight that greeted me. A beautifully shovelled walkway!!!

It had, as you know, snowed about 20 cm since I left for work this morning, so this was a miracle!! I have an amzing neighbour who more often than not beats us all to the shovelling. For a long time I didn't know who it was so I just called him my "sidewalk angel". I thanked him and his response was "I like to do it for the excercise!!"




The second part is the beautiful blanket of fresh snow that has covered the whole ground. It has resfreshed and renewed and reminded me of the beauty of winter one more time before the snow all melts. I think sometimes that God does that on purpose so that going into next year we forget the salt and the mess and slogging through and we just remember the beauty!!!

2 comments:

Trayce said...

Ah that is such a blessing; to be blessed with thoughtful and amazing neighbours. How many times have you had to shovel this year? Do you know?

Yeah, this morning I felt like I was inside of a snow globe - the snow was beautiful! Ethan & Ty were so excited with how big and chunky the snowflakes were - they couldn't resist... had to go play outside :)

Donna said...

Isn't the snow so beautiful. Oh this weather is perfect. Not cold but snow to play in and no mosquitos patrol. We had such a fun time in the snow today. What a special gift from God. I cannot beleive it is march!

I am so glad you have such a kind neighbour. Sounds like one of those God created synergistic type relationships. He gets his exercise and you get blessed after a long day at work. God is so good.