Wednesday, August 22, 2007

More importantly....

Thanks to all of you for commenting on my crazy question... I will respond but today there is something more important.

Today, the family of Pte. Simon Longtin received the flag-draped coffin of their son. It likely was the second time in 3 weeks that they wept at the prospect of their son's travel. Their farewell tears barely had time to dry and again they weep.

It seems too high a cost. Yet, today more news of 2 more deaths. I cannot even begin to know what it is like to lose a loved one in such a manner, but my heart aches at the deaths.

I think of those I know who have volunteered to undertake the mission on behalf of those who cannot fight for themselves. How high a price must we pay?



While there is sadness for those who have been left behind, fear for those who will be venturing over in the future, there is also gratitude. I am so grateful that there are those who would step into a place of danger for others. To know that if it came to it, my country, my family and friends would be safer for the protection of those who serve us in the armed forces.

My tears will not protect those are in danger, still I offer them alongside my prayers.

http://www.cfpsa.com/en/corporate/NewsCentre/Support/index.asp

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Words always fail in times like this.