Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Joyce Meyers Part 2

To continue from yesterday!

Joyce Meyers was talking about when we cannot love others if we don't love ourselves. She stated that if we do something nice for someone everyday that we wouldn't have to preach. It is a challenge to look outside ourselves.

Luke 10:29 : "who is my neighbour?"
  • What am I closing my eyes to because I don't want to get involved?
  • We often study the steps of Jesus (where he went and who he spoke to) but perhaps we need to study the "Stops" of Jesus, and see what made Him stop.

Luke 15: 11 The tale of the prodigal son, the son started with "give me" but when he returned to his father he said "make me".

  • We need to move from GIVE ME to MAKE ME.

Colossians 3: 14 "put on love"

  • What you think about early in the morning will set the tone for the whole day
  • Maybe what you dislike the most about yourself is what God wants to use.

Then Joyce talked about how we choose our clothes very carefully for important occasions.

Revelation 16:15

  • We need to clothe ourselves in love
  • Take the time to clothe yourself instead of just wearing what you slept in!
  • Be careful of your spiritual clothes

Matt 24:12

  • 2 things will make the difference: 1) Relationship with God; 2) What goes on behind closed doors

3 comments:

Jenn said...

OMG, those are thoughts that have been going around in my head for days and I have been praying through how to let others know those truths! I work with many women who do not know how to love themselves. I plan to print this out! And then do you know if any of her books address this topic as well?

Anonymous said...

"it's the STOPS He made." I think that for as long as I live - I will always remember this and from now on, I will always be more like a postal truck and "make frequent stops." I love you Toots!

Anonymous said...

whats up whenlifegetsmessy.blogspot.com admin discovered your website via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com