Sunday, November 25, 2007

Layer upon Layer

One of the rarest commodities in this busy, detacted, distracted world is the feeling of safety. For some reason, that I am trying to understand, safety is very imporant to me, maybe moreso than for others. This need for safety goes beyond feeling physically safe, I need to feel safe with the character of the people around me, to know that there are people around that I can call if I am upset, or lost.. or if I get a couch stuck in my stairwell and end up with holes in the drywall!

Sometimes as a single woman there can be times when I have felt all alone in an ocean with no land in sight. Except I am NOT alone, and I realized somewhat suddenly, that I DON'T feel all alone!! There have been numerous occasions lately where I have felt completely safe.

  • Parents who remind me they are praying for God's best
  • A friend who is ready to fight on my behalf
  • Sisters in Christ who take a risk to speak truth, even if it might hurt a little!
  • A cousin who comes to fix what is broken
  • Friends who offer to carry a heavy load
  • A pastor who shares from his heart every week
  • A woman of God who takes the time to invest
  • A brother in Christ who dealt gently with my heart and protected my dignity
  • A gentleman who ensures all the women in our group have a seat
  • Friends who surround each other with their prayers

Most of all:

  • God who has a plan and a purpose for my life
  • God who sends just the right person to speak just the right words
  • God who gently but persistently speaks of who He is, and who He wants to be for me.

I am so grateful for the layers upon layers of safety, that God has been showing me the results of His conspiracy in my life. I am reminded that no matter what seems to be in front of me, my heart, and life are safe in God's hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exactly why He said, "do not worry". He keeps us tucked away under His wing.