Monday, December 03, 2007

With Friends like These

This weekend I was honoured to attend a Christmas party that was hosted out of town. We drove about 2 hours for dinner, and then came back the same night.

I gotta tell you, I wouldn't just drive 4 hours round trip for just anyone. The funny thing was, out of the 20 people that were there, 16 had driven up that day for dinner. They brought their kids, they brought food, and they brought cookie. What is it about this couple that inspires people to be willing to drive all that way?

Their home has such a warmth to it, and a peace within the walls. In spite of the busyness of 20 people including kids, there was never a feeling of crowdedness. At one point, as often happens, everyone was crammed in the kitchen. I LOVE that. We all just found a place sort of out of the way of the pre-dinner prep, and leaned against the wall and chatted. It just felt like HOME.

It was the perfect way to kick off the Christmas season! In everything that I host this season, I want to foster that feeling for my guests and family...

What are you looking forward to most with Christmas coming?

No comments: