Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Kings....

1 Samuel 15:17 & 18; 22-23 (English Standard Version)

17And Samuel said, "Though you are little in your own eyes, are you not the head of the tribes of Israel? The LORD anointed you king over Israel. 18And the LORD sent you on a mission and said

22And Samuel said, "Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to listen than the fat of rams.23For rebellion is as the sin of divination, and presumption is as iniquity and idolatry.Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he has also rejected you from being king."

In this passage, Samuel is speaking to Saul. He exhorts Saul to think on a bigger scale. Saul knows that he is the King, yet he fails to act like a king. Is it possible that we are called by God to be kings? We are joint-heirs with the King of Kings, last time I checked that makes us kings and queens.

Is my vision too small?? What has God called me to conquer? What authority have I been given that I have failed to claim? How sad would it be to get to heaven, and have God say, you had the authority to conquer, and yet all you did was to play the part. You didn’t step into the fullness.

The Bible says that we have the authority to cast out demons…. Why are those around me still subject to the bondage of addiction?

The Bible says that we have the authority to speak to mountains and they will be made low…. Why are there mountain ranges in my way called debt, and disease, and bitterness?

The Bible says that we can speak to the blind and they will see, the deaf will hear and the lame will walk… why do family members still not believe, they are blind to God’s love, deaf to His words, and limping from the weapons of the enemy?

What is it going to take for me to stand in the authority that God has given me?
Do you think of yourself as a King?

Do you have a King's purpose?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! My purpose is rooted in my passion and gifts. I won't waste it. Sometimes the vision gets a little bit foggy, but it's usually because I'm not focussed.