Sunday, November 11, 2007

In Remberance

This year, I have more invested in this life. I have a Niece who will grow up in a country where she is free to express herself in whatever religious faith, or political view she chooses. Where there are men and women willing to stand in the way of harm on her behalf and to defend her right to those choices.

This morning, as we acknowledged Remembrance Day, we sang the national anthem I was struck by the words. I am one of the proudest Canadians you will come across.

"God keep our land,
Glorious and free,
Oh Canada, We stand on guard for thee...."

It belongs to all of us, to stand on guard for our freedoms. For some, that task requires weapons of this world, and for others, we take up the weapons of spiritual warfare. Whatever weapons you employ, I thank you, deeply, from the bottom of my heart.... Cayley (my niece) thanks you too.....

No comments: