Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Confessions of a Confused Heart Part Two

Do you recall the last truly delightful moment you witnessed?

Guess what? It takes work to see the delight around us. How are you going to see the older couple strolling in the park, if you aren’t sitting on the park bench? How is your niece able delight you with her imagination if you never go and visit? How do you spot puppies curled up together unless you pop into the pet store? It takes a decision to slow down and look around.


I think this is the same thing with God. When we go too fast, we forget that He wants to be the centre of everything we are doing. The other day, I chose to delight in the parking space that opened up right in front of the door to the mall, and the kind words that were sent my way at just the right time. If we are looking for all the ways that God chooses to speak to us throughout the day, we can give him credit for a wide variety of things that others just write off. Imagine God opening up that parking spot, or prompting the people who said kind things to me, it isn’t that farfetched, in fact, it’s kind of delightful… don’t you agree?


I have a long way to go before I can say I truly trust in God for everything, but until that time comes, I hope to learn a little more everyday how to delight in His love. I am certain of this, as my eyes turn more and more toward His, the amazing view of His love will

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged, dahling.