Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Battle against Mediocrity

Potential
a latent excellence or ability that may or may not be developed.

Mediocrity
1. ordinariness as a consequence of being average and not outstanding [syn: averageness]
2. a person of second-rate ability or value; "a team of aging second-raters"; "shone among the mediocrities who surrounded him" [syn: second-rater]

My entire life, everyone has spoken to me about my potential, this untapped resource of brilliance, and.... whatever....... that might change the world.... or at least those closest God put in my path.

For some reason though, I always seem to fall just short of the fullness of my potential. I am in a constant fight against mediocrity. In so many ways mediocre is safer, there is no risk, no failure, no fear. Sure there is also no amazing high of success or grand adventure of life.

I have always had the sense that within me lies more, and it scares me.

Do you ever get the sense that something tough is coming your way? That perhaps you have advanced warning of a battle? I am determined to battle to take back this territory that was stolen from me before I had a chance to experience life there. This victory belongs to God, I merely sit in the truth of who God made me and follow His leading.

Obedience needs to be my weapon of choice. Here we go, over the wall into battle..........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whose measuring rod have you been using? I think as we grow past potentials are achieved and pave the way for new ones. It's when we look at ourselves and realize that old potentials spoken over us years and years ago are still the ones being spoken over us today, that we have to genuinely reflect. We're loved enough the way we are but, thank God, He loves us enough not to leave us this way.

Adrian Roberta said...

Over the Wall together we go girl!
~Roberta