Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Things that Last



One of the headlines on CNN.com read: Ford remembered for his Inegrity. Another reported that Ford chose to keep his faith private and it cost him the 1976 election.




Even in these crazy times where there is a battle against all that we believe and when the media would tell us that society no longer embraces the values of goodness, piety, virtue and integrity, something serves to remind us that God raises and topples Presidents, Kings and Dictators. He is ultimately the King and that His ways will prevail. I believe that in our inmost beings we are attracted to the things of God- the things that last, even though our sinful nature tries to convince us otherwise.

I am so grateful that, when my eyes are open to see, all around me there are reassurances that this "narrow" road I am walking is leading me where I want to go... straight to the heart of God.

It is my prayer that through the celebration of Ford's legacy, even the people with the most selfish motivations will see what lasts and what brings acclaim is integrity.

God has captured my attention! :-)

BTW: If you are looking for some real-time mentoring and some scriptural edification about the perfection of God and His ability to complete the work He started in You, Lori is doing a series. Start Here and work your way through it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad God has captured your attention and mine too!

Amen

Peace and blessings to you in Jesus' Holy name:

Donna