Monday, January 15, 2007

The Gauntlet has Been Thrown Down

It is a difficult thing to find out early in the month that the goals I set for the month at work will not be achieved and I will not qualify for my bonus.

This is especially frustrating since part way into the month I decided I wanted to reach for a moreaggressive goal, so I back tracked and made up the difference. It feels like all that hard work was for naught. My first response was, well, what is the point then? Why even try.

Normally, I would have given up and coasted through the rest of the month knowing that I get a fresh start in February. I had to stop my thoughts in their tracks and look at this situation from every angle. And I decided that I have a choice!!

I can choose to focus on rocking the other aspects of what I do, and to not lose my focus. Take it as a learning experience and move forward!

This is my opportunity to be Jesus in this situation. To persevere even when it is difficult, even when there is nothing "in it" for me!

For most of you, this attitude is par for the course, for me though it represents a major shift in my thinking.

In everyother way this WILL BE a STELLAR month at work!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to perservere, Laura! I'm really proud of you for that - it does take a real shift in our thinking. Your perseverence will pay off.

t -x

Anonymous said...

Laura,
I know that all too consuming feeling of "why even bother". It can be such a drag. You are so right in your attitude to change this thought process. Way to go.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are changing your thinking to Jesus thinking. I look forward to seeing the protection and blessing that comes with walking our Faith out.

Yey.

Anonymous said...

Laura,
That is a very important character test.

Great choise.

Anonymous said...

That was me, not sure how that happened