Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Amazing God!

I am so amazed when God meets an "over the top, too big to even ask for"... prayer request.
As anyone who has ever owned a home knows that there is ALWAYS something that needs doing, to be purchased, or paid off. It is a careful balance requiring timing and sometimes a little finesse! There is often little left for things like vacations, if unexpected money comes in, it usually is allocated before it has a chance to increase the balance on my account!

On my wish list for this year is to travel to somewhere warm and relaxing. It was an "if only" prayer, and not one likely to happen. I had been thinking a lot about a trip and how a true vacation would greatly improve my life. I have not been sleeping well and I have been living in a state of mild exhaustion. Just this morning I had decided that a vacation was enough of a good investment that I could take pull what I needed from my line of credit and work it out after my tax refund arrives. I felt really good about this, and there was a peace that comes when God is at work.

About halfway through the day we got word that the company had done so well compared to our goals that we are each getting a bonus. It is about double what I would need for a great vacation.

My immediate thought was all the "better" things that I could do with the money. However, I kept going back to the idea that I 'needed' to take this vacation. I called a couple of people close to me to find out about travel agents, I knew they were going to ask why and I was preparing myself for a pause as they thought of all the 'better' things I could do with the funds right now. Instead they both, without hesitation, said that it was a good idea!

So I make plans, and pray for the right price, the right place, the right activities and the 'right' to go (by that I mean that this will truly be the only use God has for the money).

I am so grateful to God!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Laura,
I think the bonus was any confirmation you needed that God feels you need this vacation as well:) Keep us updated on your plans, and I will have my winter vacation through you.

Anonymous said...

Laura,

Everyone needs a vacation from time to time, especially if they work as hard as you do. I also believe that God definitely agrees, that bonus couldn't have been a better sign.

Anyways, i'm very happy for you!!! Let me know if you need my two cents on any sunny places to go, i can give lots of feedback!

Have an awesome day Laura!

Anonymous said...

I pray God leads you in peace to a great vacation or whatever else He has in mind to bless you Laura.

Anonymous said...

Laura, where are you going? I love all things travel. Are you looking for beaches, sun, adventure, learning???

Beaches and sun: Thailand, Brazil, Australia

Adventure: Peru, Turkey, China

Learning: to cook in Morocco, Spanish in Cuba, to appreciate art in Italy

You want all of that, you could always come to Spain! You'd have a pretty amazing guide ;)

Take Care! I hope your meeting with your travel agant goes well!

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Oooooou so nice. Let us know when you firm up your plans.

Anonymous said...

So happy for you Laura! You enjoy every second of your well deserved time off.