Monday, January 29, 2007

The beginning of a Journey....

As you know, I feel I have been 'released' by God to take a vacation....
I thought that this was going to be a very fun & SIMPLE excercise.

I WAS WRONG!!!

The challenge is this: I don't have a passport- yet. With the new Fly rules into the US, you cannot cruise or fly without a passposrt. Everything that I am being told is that there is "no way" I will be able to get a passport in time.

I have done everything that I know to do to speed up the process. I entered it all online, but when I went to print it, the government's print server DIDN'T work!! It was jammed up with all of the procrastinators who waited to the last minute even though they knew they were travelling and needed a passport.

So with a 'short cut' taken away from me, I am here, at 6:24 AM having switched a shift to NOON, I am on my way downtown to present myself, my supporting documents and my Credit Card to attempt to get a passport.

I am working really hard to leave all of the details in God's hands. I have thought in my fatigue this weekend, that if it is this hard... maybe it isn't of God. However, I am learning that sometimes the things most worth having are working the hardest for (thanks Nic).

I will pursue this as long as it makes sense to do so, and then I will need to look at other options.

Off I go.... check out the timestamp Lori.... I think I beat you to the punch this morning :-)

5 comments:

Donna said...

Blessings in what is meant to be and peace through it all, Laura.

Anonymous said...

Dontcha just love how the government takes bank/credit cards? We have to pay over $1500 CAD for Juan's residency and we could pay debit. They make it TOO easy to give them money!

My parents just got their passports last week - it took them three weeks total, which is less than any amount of time I've waited to get a passport!

Good Luck Laura! So where are ya going? I'm waiting for an update! I guess you are flying if you need a passport.

Doug and Ranelle said...

So - what's the story Laura? Did you get your passport?? :)

Me said...

How was the line up at the office? It only took Stuart and I five days to get our passports. Hopefully it will be the same for you!

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Nice... Is that present time? Remember mine is always time posted, I am NEVER actually on my computer at 6am.