Monday, September 17, 2007

Waiting

There is a John Mayer song titled "Waiting for the World to change"

I feel like this has become my theme song for this season of my life. There are so many areas that are out of my control, I have no choice but to wait.

I am waiting to hear about jobs I have applied for, I am waiting for that time when God will bring my husband, I am waiting to hear about a family member's health, I am waiting for my niece to be born.

All of these situations are in God's hands. I trust in His ability to bring about the answers. This time though in between, reminds me of when I was a kid and had almost no say in what was going on around me. The uncertainty is uncomfortable, because not only do I not know the answers, but I also don't know the time frames.

Everywhere I turn I am faced with obstacles in my path. As each day passes, my faith in God's ability and willingness to provide for me, my faith must increase to levels I have never known before.

And I am waiting.... not loving it.... but waiting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The enemy prefers we see them as obstacles. The Truth prefers we see them as opportunities to shine. Believe it or not, you are aglow!