Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Don't Forget



One of my favourite TV characters is Jed Bartlett of "The West Wing". I love the writing of the show and the intellect of the wit. In one of the episodes, he addresses his friend about the possible fallout of a political scandal resulting from a previous drug additicton that was going to go public. With a depth of empathy that only Martin Sheen could muster, he says to his friend, the former drug addict:



"Don't forget the battles you have fought and won."


As we move into September and a new season, I am seeing in a lot of people a need to start fresh and a lot of pressure to make new beginnings and see new adventures. More than most, I get the need for growth and new adventure, however, in the midst of the changes and the newness, let's not lose sight of the battles that you have fought and won. Let's make sure that we are remembering what God has brought us through.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

First of all, LOVE me the West Wing! As for your main point, loved that too! Again, another good reminder to be living for the day.

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!

I have won won won won won !!!!

That sounds so awesome Laura. Thank you for reminding me of my victories this summer.