Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wrong appointments, and new neighbours

So the strangest things can happen without you knowing. I was thinking all day about what to write about, and I had nothing until a phone call came.

I have a good friend, actually more like a sister, who has a new boy in her life! Actually let me back up!

This evening I got my dates mixed up and when to the church for a meeting that I thought was tonite. After confirming that the meeting is actually tomorrow, I left. As I walked out of the church I saw the wife of my contractor who had left my house key in her office (at the church!) so I was able to get my house key. As I was driving home, I put it in the armrest of my car, thinking "this is a good place for a spare key!"

And this where my "little sister" comes in. She called me all googly about the date that she had just been on and wanted to come over to tell me all about it! So of course she came over. We chatted and hung out, then she left........ and then the "fun" began.

She had parked in one of my neighbour's parking spots and someone had blocked her in. She called me from the car to try and help her out, so I grabbed my coat and went out.

As we were trying to figure the best way out, my neighbour pulled in. Now I have lived in my house for 5 months and just 2 weeks ago met my neighbour. As he pulled in I asked if he knew where the car's owner lived. It turns out that his girlfriend was in the spot next to Amanda's, she moved her car and Amanda got out just fine. All was well, we waived bye and I went to the house but the front door was locked!!!! I couldn't believe it, on the way out of the house I had turned the doorknob and locked the door!

Attempts to rouse my overworked, exhausted roommate when unanswered, then it hit me! The key in the car! The new aquiantance with a phone! And the best part.... CAA membership- God is good!!

So I borrowed the neighbours phone, made the call to CAA, and got a tour of my nieghbour's house. And while I waited for the tow truck, I prayed for all of my neighbours.

What a night!!

Who would have thought that a forgotten errand, mistaken appointment, blocked-in car, and a locked door all after a date I wasn't on, could have made me smile and know that God is truly looking out for me.

Why is it that I can see the faithfulness of God in these things, but somehow miss Him in the big events, and timeline of my life.

1 comment:

Laura said...

In all fairness, I slept through her knocking on the door in the summer!

It was totally fun :-)