Thursday, October 05, 2006

What keeps me going!

I sat down to write about something completely different! But this is what came out!

It was a dificult day today, I just am dealing with some stuff, it is part of that journey I alluded to in "Journeys". Ultimately it comes down to a trust in God's oversight and leading in my life.
When things don't make a lot of sense I have found that I need to remind myself of the goodness of God. I think it is the same with anyone, catch me most times, and ask me how God is good to me, and the list is so long you might be late for something! However there are THOSE moments, when despite all logical evidence to the contrary it absolutely feels like God has forgotten about me, that there is almost nothing to brag on God about! Now keep in mind I didn't say that God HAD forgotten about me, just that it FEELS like it!

I have to sometimes physically stop and intentionally acknowledge the way that I FEEL is different than the reality. Almost an excercise in convincing me of what I already know. Many of you may have had moments like this in dealing with your kids! Does this sound familliar? "I love these kids and I cannot leave them here at the shopping mall regardless of how many times they have asked for ice cream! I Love them". Or at work :"This is a good job, it pays the bills, you, Laura, cannot quit, the next phone call will be better". We do this in a lot of areas, and I am having to literally train myself to be grateful and to remember that God really is good, and what I am feeling in the moment is truly just that -a MOMENT!

There is a song that I have come to LOVE. It reminds me to breathe - sometimes I forget!!

the song is called CLOSER:

The sun should be halfway to China by now // The big lazy moon, well it's barely off of the ground // I'm on top of the world but my world is upside down // And all I have is you // Come closer, closer than ever// So close to me // Come closer, closer than ever // when I have you I have all I need // They all expect me to have some great words to say // I'm searching for answers // but I'm finding none today // There is no reason , you know, there is no Rhyme // All I have is you // All I need is all I have // All I have is all I need // All I need is all I have // All I have is all I need is // All I have is all I need is you // You are all I have and everything I need //

Warren Barfield is an amazing artist whose album I "stumbled" across in a Christian bookstore.
(See
www.warrenbarfield.com)

No comments: