Thursday, October 26, 2006

Because You asked Tracy!

It has been a while since I have posted. I have realized that I have much more to say when I am dealing with something difficult! I am not sure why. I suppose it is like they say: If you have a good experience, you will tell one person, if you have a bad experience, you will tell 12!

Life has been pretty good, except I have been sick. I lost my voice and have had to take the whole week off work! Even when I had my tonsils out, and my wisdom teeth out I have NEVER been sick this long in one stretch.

Don't get me wrong, if you are going to "have" to take the whole week off work, you might as well do it when you are feeling OK than when you are feeling really horrid! Not to say I don't feel sick, it is more run down. I have a doctor's note that has me off work until Tuesday, even so, I might have to take unpaid leave from work! I am praying for favour, I see the doctor again on Friday so you can pray please!

In the meantime though, in His timing and perfect provision, I got a phone call on Friday from a girl looking for a room. We chatted a little bit- God is good, and she arrived this morning from the east coast and will be living with me, paying rent! How cool is God. I have been waiting and praying for just the right roommates since March. One amazing roommate moved in in July,m and here we are. Although I have occasionally reminded God of my need, I have felt at peace. I didn't work hard to find a rommate, I just called the church and left word! Anytime I thought of putting an ad in the paper or posting online, there was a check in my Spirit, I just KNEW that God had it all worked out. And now here we are-a house full of Christian girls all making our way in the world!!

It is so great to have a place where, with 3 days notice, I can pull together a FURNISHED room where there wasn't furnishings before!

God is SO good!

I must remember to write down the good stuff. It is especially important. It seems like all that I was going through last month was in order to highlight the good that was to come.

2 comments:

Trayce said...

Oh it was so nice to hear from you, Laura! I don't know why, but I really missed reading your posts. Funny, eh? Part of my daily routine has been checking my blog and e-mail, and then yours, Lori's, Sarah's, Carrie's & Jason's blogs. So when you weren't blogging I was like, ohhhhh something must be up?!

Anyhow, you know I kinda feel that way too. It's easier for me to blog when I'm going through something ...and I was thinking the exact same thing this week - I have been writing all about my struggles! The thing is, there is so much more to my life than my struggles...in fact, on most days things are great! I feel like, for the most part, I need (or want) to take the focus off of my daily struggles and put it into all the amazing things that I go through and learn each day.

On the other hand, it's so easy to speak of a struggle when you've passed through the fire and you've been healed or you've received freedom in that area. There is always power in speaking of those struggles and helping others who are going through similar situations and realize they are not alone.

Well, I hope you feel better soon.

Bye for now!

Love,
Tracy

Laura said...

I appreciate that you missed the posts! God is so good with His "Just in times"