Monday, October 22, 2007

Just one more moment in the Sun...

Today is an amazingly beautiful day. After a couple of weeks of rainy and cold weather, I was battening down the hatches for winter. In a city where we almost always have at least one snow fall before Halloween, winter comes quickly and always overstays it welcome! As the weather turns, I begin to admit to myself that the warm days are over, and that winter is soon coming, and inevitably I feel as though I didn't get in enough summer when it was here .

I suppose that we all come out of seasons that we wish we had taken more time to experience. Friends have told me that after they got married, they wished they had done more with their season of singleness. When we are older we wish we had done more with our youth.

The amazing thing about God though, is that He is the creator of the "Indian Summer". At some point, in every transition from summer to the cool of fall, there is a few days of reprieve. We call it "Indian Summer", the leaves are changing colour, everyone is beginning to change their activities to be inside and warm, when we get very warm weather. One last chance to sit out in the sun with our toes warm and the feeling of a stolen moment.

For someone like me who had trouble with the lack of sun in the winter, it feels like a second chance.

I think sometimes God is like that as well. He often gives us that 'one last chance' when all seems lost. The chance to redeem a friendship, learn a lesson, or stop and hear His voice. I think that He is always looking for every opportunity to tie up loose ends in our lives.

Take a moment today, soak up some warmth, and remember that God always makes a way!!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Amen.

Anonymous said...

Halleluia for that brief moment. It sure didn't last long. I think I'm ready for the new season though. I keep repeating a line from the Shrek movie, "change is good, donkey." I'll believe it if I keep on saying it.

Anonymous said...

"God is like a well"

Wow.......................

This statement blew me away...
Hmmm I need to chew on it.
Great Word Laura!!