Thursday, October 11, 2007

How may I serve you?

What would happen if we began to serve one another?

What would change in the lives of those around us if we treated each other the way that we would treat someone we were trying to impress?

Recently the Lord has been speaking to me about finding different ways to serve those around me. This has nothing to do with more time commitments or commitees! I am passionate about having those around me feel loved and supported. By doing life together, I can ensure that people who cross my path feel served and like they deserve the best.

Is there an intentional action that you take to ensure that others feel served?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always found that you are an amazing servant. I'll never forget how you carried my bag around for me on the day of my grad from OSB. This is something I love about you. You're always just 'in there'.

I have recently devoted my self to serving people I really would rather not serve at all. It's amazing how they respond. It's amazing how my attitude changes toward them. Did I mention how amazing it is?? Love you!

Anonymous said...

Laura, could you imagine if everyone stop serving. No waiters, no pastors, no kids church workers, and on and on. To me serving is a second nature. I don't event hink about it anymore. I just do it. But, as a servant, I find the hardest to do is SERVE myself. To me that has to be INTENTIONAL. A long soak or a Starbucks are just simple things. But when you are busy they are HUGE> I'm trying hard sister in Christ, hard to serve myself..