Friday, February 09, 2007

Win Win Win... and I didn't have to play the game!!!

Many times, we have an idea that we pray about and get the 'go ahead' from God. We begin to form and idea in our minds and follow the course that based on that idea. Often we assume that the orignial idea is God's answer and that the end result will look a certain way.. sometimes that is right. More often though, the original idea is the catalyst for a thought process that leads us to God's perfect will.

So often though we are SO committed to the original idea that there is no room for God to lead us in another way. It is in the waiting and leaving space for God to move that we find the true leading.

Here is a perfect example:

As you know I have been looking for a great Vacation.

There were 4 Main needs that I had for a vacation.... Beyond these 3 I truly didn't care.

1) Relaxation
2) Safety
3) Warmth
4) Value for money

In my mind, this meant a last minute cruise. These are safe, predictible, and WARM and relaxing. As you know though I don't have a passport. During the long wait, I was both adamant about doing what was needed to follow through on God's prompting and tempted to take the closed doors as meaning that I wasn't really supposed to go!

EXCEPT!!

Except that the enemy is STUPID and doesn't realize this isn't my first time around this mountain!!

There was a peace in my heart about going on this trip and I knew that I needed it even more than I wanted it!

I searched so may different options and brainstormed, always keeping in mind the objectives I had set for the vacation. I finally found the PERFECT spot. There is a resort in the Muskokas, along the water that offers amazing scenery. I know, I know it is not warm...or is it??? I booked a Villa with a Fireplace, a Jacuzzi, and livingroom. The resort has a beautiful spa... and the piece de resistance... DOG SLEDDING. I am going to spend 3 night sleeping, walking, reading and just being.

This option is completely safe, has warmth from the fireplace, the beauty of nature, and more than that..... a great deal. There is a kitchenette, so I will take food and save money. With the benefit of the good deal, I will be able to make repairs to my car that will take me through the rest of the year!

So it is a win, win, win, and I didn't even need to wait for the government to send me my passport! I will have it though for the Next time I want to travel.

The answer to my prayers were much different than I originally pictured, but in His amazing way He gave me above and beyond all I could have asked or imagined!

So remember, the end result doesn't always look the way you thought, but it will ALWAYS exceed your expectations!!!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Amen and Amen. Yeah you are going on your trip!

Grace and peace during your travels in Jesus' Mighty name I pray.

I look forward to e-hearing about your trip.

Trayce said...

I can't wait to hear all about your trip, Laura. I am certain that you will come back rejuvenated and relaxed.
I think it's amazing that you are going alone. I think that would sort of be hard for me. I would love to do a weekend trip or something alone. I would be a little nervous about driving somewhere new alone, but once I got there it would be nice.
I love being alone and just relaxing and resting and being. You know?
Have fun on those dog sleds!!!!! It sounds very interesting. I would have never thought about doing that :)

Love ya!
It was nice talking to you at church this afternoon. I think it was the first time I ever talked with you that long.

Trace

Me said...

Laura, which resort is it? It is so beautiful up there in the winter time. Just driving around some of the backroads and looking at the snow and wildlife.