Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It's in the details, Baby!


There is an old quote "the difference between a Vase and a Vahze is about $500.00"

I have had the most amazing day! It started with a trip to the spa. A beautiful experience right down to the silk flower resting on each bed as I entered each room. After I had a mud wrap, there is a big beautiful shower, when I came out, the room was cleaned and there was a hair brush and spray on anti-perspirant!!!

Dinner tonight was amazing. It wasn't easy to sit alone in a large restaurant but man oh man was it worth it!! Beautiful bread, amazing steak and then to top it all off...... Dessert.

Occasionally when you have an expensive meal, there is an underlying disappointment. There is such a high expectation that it is easy to be disappointed. Ask me to pay $8.00 for dessert and I think you MUST be out of your mind!! BUT THIS.... work of art was amazing...... the Best Creme Brule I have EVER HAD!!!!

It is these details that make the difference- I LOVE IT!!!

4 comments:

Trayce said...

Hi Laura!
Sounds like you are having so much fun! Enjoy every second.
I can understand how one could feel a little uneasy about sitting alone in a large restaurant, but you know, you know why you are on this vacation and you know what you need to get out of it. It doesn't matter at all what anyone else thinks. I admire you for taking a vacation like this on your own. I would actually find that pretty fun and relaxing... :)
I went to see a movie by myself in the theatre a couple of years ago. I loved it. I did get a few thoughts here and there, wondering if people thought I was a loser or a loner. I would love to do it again sometime. Not be a loser or a loner - hehehe - go see a movie alone.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tracey!

~Steph~ said...

Hey Laura!

I'm so glad that you're enjoying your trip. Relaxing is a wonderful thing. So is eating 8$ desserts!!! Lucky girl! anyways, i pray that you enjoy the rest of your time off!

Donna said...

Laura you are blessed and highly favored! Enjoy it girl!