Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Lists

OK I have been tagged ( actually I was tagged awhile ago but I didn't get to this until now).

In the spirit of "get to know you" I will make 4 lists and answer some questions

Things I love
Things I hate
Things I want
7 interesting firsts about me

7 Things I love:
I love the laughter of children
I love the sound of running water
I love getting flowers (even from myself)
I love overhearing people saying nice things about me
I LOVE to give gifts
I love spending time just hanging out with my friends

7 Things I hate
I hate injustice
I hate inefficiency
I hate the lies of the enemy
I hate it when people see only my exterior and miss the true me
I hate it when I see only people's exterior and miss the true them
I hate falseness
I hate office politics when rules are unspoken or shifty.

7 Things I want
I want a puppy
I want a husband
I want kids
I want a professional writing gig
I want a vacation
I want my home to be full of love
I want new depths of intimacy with God

7 Firsts
The FIRST time God miraculously moved in my life I was only moments old
My First best friend's name was (and is) Heather, she lived down the street, and now lives in England, we are still in touch
My First time skydiiving was amazing
My first car was bought from my Grandmother who won it at a bank.
My first movie in a Theatre was E.T.
My first dog was a Golden Retriever named Ginger
I bought my First house last year.

Here are the questions:
1. What’s the most fun work you’ve ever done, and why? (Two sentences max)
Selling Cars, I got to interact with people everyday, drive cool cars, and participate in peoples' mjor life decision

2. Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did? (One sentence max)
Run, I used to run around everywhere, as a kid, I loved to be in motion

3. Name one thing you’ve always wanted to do but keep putting it off? (One sentence max)
Get married- It just never fits in the schedule!!! :-)
I am kidding..... Go back to school and get a degree

4. What two things would you most like to learn or be better at, and why? (Two sentences max)
I would like to be better at keeping in touch with people, and be better at accomplishing my goals

5. If you could take a class/workshop/apprentice from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it, be and what would you hope to learn? (Two more sentences, max)
I would love to take all the great leaders, and put them in room and just watch them work. I think that there is a lot to learn from the way great leaders approach things, no matter whether you agree with their course of action.

6. What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you?
Generous, Loyal, funny

7. Now list two more words you wish they described you as…
Thin and Married

8. What are your top three passions? (can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causes– three sentences max)
God- that one's obvious
Family- I am passionate about seeing the people I love in right relationship with one another and with God
Communicating-I work everyday at communicating. I love communcation whether it is written, spoken formal informal it doesn't matter. When communication is effective it can change the course of history

9. Write–and answer–one more question that YOU would ask someone (with answer in three sentences max)

What did you want to be when you grew up, and why?

I wanted to be a Jet pilot. Probably because my father and brother were into planes. I also knew that it was a male-dominated profession and I wanted to blaze a trail for women.

6 comments:

~Steph~ said...

Laura,

you went sky diving?!? that's really cool! i wanna do that sometime, you'll have to give me some tips...

anyways, i really liked this post, i like learning things about you that i wouldn't normally know. Laura, i think you should add "super nice" to your 3 qualities, because you are truly one of the nicest people that i've ever known! you're an awesome woman, i hope that you have an amazing day :)

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Aren't these fun.

When I grew up I wanted to be a hairdresser. I still love doing people's hair.

Donna said...

Neat I enjoyed learning more about you Laura. You are a very special lady!

Me said...

Laura,
I wanted to let tell you to read my Moms blog from yesterday because it is all about her going to get her passport. She read yours and was shocked at the wait.
it's www.lynne'smusings@blogspot.com

Trayce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trayce said...

Laura,
I am almost up to date on your blog. I missed a lot these past couple of weeks...I still have to read most of all the girls' blogs too :)
Anyway, I loved reading this entry and learning more about you.
I love getting flowers too - even from myself. What is your favourite type of flower - and which colour?
I love white flowers. I love gerberas and tulips.