Sunday, March 30, 2008

Day by Day Part Blue!

You saw the pink cards I made for my little sister...I wanted her to know how much I love her everyday. On another occasion, I had the opportunity to do something similar for a male friend who was going to be away. I put together a similar package of cards, but these ones were scriptures and quotes from great men in History. Winston Churchill, Plato, Jesus (their greatness is not in that order... obviously).

It was my desire that as he was away from home, that he would be reminded of the impact he was having on the lives of those around him. He travels quite a bit for work, and so we don't often get to spend a lot of time with him, It was my hope that the cards he read daily would have a layering effect on his life, that I would, in effect, build a 'case' for the importance of his presence to us. That day by day, tidbit by tidbit he would see a fuller picture of how well regarded he is.

We need to spend time daily finding the words and thoughts that God has toward us. Just like my sister, we need to be reminded of what God's word says, and we need something daily. It is in the daily communication that the messages are layered one on the other until, we have a fuller picture of God's purpose for us. These daily interactions are designed to have a cumulative effect. That as we absorb a little at a time, more will truly be retained.

It is not the sprint of a crash diet, but slow steady marathon of a lifestyle change.

Do you feel the cumulative effect of your time daily with God?

No comments: