Friday, March 14, 2008

Preparation Time Part 4

...Continued from Part 3

God had a plan to get me ready and in position to step into the destiny that he has called me to. God knew what it would take to bring me to a place of total surrender…. Through this process I have discovered: 1) Only I am qualified to define my strengths 2) God has placed in me a really good sense of what is right for me 3) I need ‘hands on’ direct access to the things of God. 4) No matter what God is calling you to… no matter how long it takes to get you there, He is daily invested in propelling you toward your destinyWhen God is in control, it is always His way and timeline…..

Imagine Esther, one day she is an orphan living with her uncle, one year later, she is the queen of a great nation. There are so many times that God calls us to something bigger our lives, yet our thinking and our identity holds us back. We think like an orphan when God is calling us to be a queen. We need to change the way we think about ourselves in order to fulfill what God is calling us to.

This is not an easy feat, however I have found that steeping myself in the things of God, has the natural result of changing your heart and mind without even trying. Is this is what God referrs to when He says "seek first the kingdom of God, and all these things will be added unto you."?
Occasionally, I find surprise myself by doing something, or thinking in a different way than I
used to.

Go, be the Esther God is calling you to be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Journey Laura... thanks for sharing it!

Love ya, Lori