Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Nothing to say!

I have been, of late, a little frustrated and annoyed at myself for not blogging more. More than that, though I worry that there is so little movement in my life that there is nothing to blog about. But when I take a step back and really look at what is happening, I see that there is SO much going on that this meduim almost doesn't give it justice.

It is a strange situation to be in. I half expect that the next time I look in the mirror, dramatic and remarkable changes will be visible, because that is how I feel on the inside. I am not talking about a nose-job to fix a little bump that is only visible under instense scrutiny... I am talking about extreme makeover-type renovations.

This past few months has been quite the process as God takes me through a process of drilling down on certain lies, foundational truths, ascpects of my identity, and calling. It has been a total Demo and rebuild.

The things that I thought before I no longer think- about myself, about God, about my place in the world. I feel like I am truly becoming more of what God has made me to be. I started out looking for a new job...... one that will fill the days and pay the bills. What I have in my heart now though is a 10-year plan including a pretty dramatic career change, adventure, and a coming-home of sorts into a career that I have been running from.

If you have ever done household renovations, you will know that it is more costly, but actually quite a bit easier to gut out the whole place than to work within the confines of the framework you already have. When you begin with the framework already in place, or structural demands (the staircase cannot move), you are limited in what can truly and fundamentally change, but when you are starting from scratch.... the possibilities are endless.

As things solidify and the path is more clear, I want to share what has been happening... in the meantime though, I have to figure out a way to communicate these changes more effectively so that those around me can respond to them.

How do you communicate the inner changes that you are experiencing?

No comments: