Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Next Step

continued from "It's Decision Time"

I am not so naiive as to believe that I have the WHOLE picture figured out. In times of major upheavel in my life, often God uses bait on a hook to get me to follow in the path He has laid out for me. Kind of like a carrot on a stick.



I am someone who needs the 'back story'. I like to understand the significance of situations because I know that nothing - especially with God- is just one sided. I also know that God almost never reveals the whole story at one time. I think that God has a cool way of bringing me into alignment with His purposes. Here an example of what that has looked like in my life.


God will bring a guy along my path. This guy will be great and will cause me to question things about myself, my beliefs and what I want out of life. My heart is the bait and the guy is the catalyst for change. Through the self-reflection that always occurs when a new guy is on the horizon, I learn something about myslef, and about God. I will come to new conclusions and be better for the experience. The guy will fade off into the distance (and probably marry a good friend) and I am left better than when it all started. I cannot tell you the number of times this has happened in my life. In the midst of the circumstances God 'allows' me to build a story that keeps me invested.


Recently, God has knit my heart to a certain people group. As my passion for that people group grew, I began to look for opportunities to work with that people group. From there, I began to research what qualifications would be needed to impact this people group. I have come to the conclusion that I need to go back to school and get a degree. As I have studied and researched what that would take to go back to school, God has rewritten the story. What I initially thought I would be doing, is not likely what I will end up with, but it has created in me a desire to go back to school, but in order to do that, I will likely end up working with that people group in a different capacity....... whew did that make any sense??


So, I am simply walking out the next step in anticipation of the end result. I am excited about what I believe is coming next and as soon as I have any information I can share..... I know that you will be excited too!

No comments: