Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Gone FISHin'


Tonight ended completely differently than I thought. We were at the ScotiaBank Place, Home of the Ottawa Senators. Tonight though, was not about hockey, we were there to worship with Delirious.
As we were hanging out after the concert, I looked over and 2 boxes over, I realized Mike Fisher was sitting. For those who don't know, Mike Fisher is an amazing christian man who plays for the Ottawa Senators. He is a great hockey player, a christian, and quite handsome. :-)
After the inevitable squealing, questioning, and not so subtle picture-taking, we decided that we wanted to meet this gentleman. My roommate and I walked over, and met him!
He was gracious and kind and sooo handsome.
Once again... taking the opportunities as they are presented!
How would you feel if you DIDN'T!!

3 comments:

~Steph~ said...

Laura,

thats so awesome that you met him!!! See what happens when you step out of the boat?!? I'm proud of both you and Beck!!

And by the way, was he scruffy? lol he's still good looking scruffy or not ;)

Anonymous said...

You're brave. I'd be too shy to talk at Mike Fisher. I'd be shy if he caught me looking at him. Maybe that's why I haven't been asked out in 7 years??

Laura said...

I cannot truly say I was funny or charming or even coherent..... just that I talked to him :-)