Saturday, November 04, 2006

Beauty and the Ladies

Life is happy! I totally just got blessed with amazing free stuff. I hosted a candle party and got so much from it! It is another example of the mulitplication of God!!!

Where else, but in God's kingdom, do we get to spend "girl time" together, looking at beauty that has nothing to do with appearance, enjoy each other's company, eat good food, and then walk away with MORE than when we arrived?

MORE: friendships
MORE: information
MORE: appreciation for God
MORE: refreshed

This is the fuel of my life. People, beautiful things, happy home, and shopping for FREE stuff.

I always thought of the song "Oh, for a thousand tongues to sing" as meaning that I would need a thousand tongues to sing for a thousand years and still not be able to itemize the goodness and majesty of God. Again we are back at repayment for favours and "services".

But with all that God has done in and FOR me this past few weeks, I realize that the goodness and the greatness of God is so vast and I am soooooo grateful for all that He is doing, that even if there were a thousand tongues for a thousand years, it wouldn't BEGIN to itemize what he has done much less RESPOND and begin to shed light on how it makes me love Him more!!

There are so many instances of His caring and concern for the condition of my heart and for the provision of my life, that it would literally take hours and hours and hours to explain it all!
After so long feeling as though the heavens were brass, I am overwhelmed by the almost constant embrace of God in His provision for me. It has truly been a situation where He has even to provide the love that I then give back to Him- "because He FIRST loved me"!

Many of the situations have to do with money and big potential expenses-car repairs, appliances not working, furnaces that needed coaxing to come alive after the summer. As well as finding the right roommate to being ill and not knowing if my time off would be paid or not!

It has been since Thanksgiving, that all of this has taken place, and to go back and read where I was even the day before Thanksgiving, so much is different, but NOTHING has changed. I haven't started fasting, I haven't been praying 20 hours a day. I have changed NOTHING except my attitude of gratitude.

Through it all there has been an abiding peace. I have felt the needs and the stress, but I have not felt the weight of being ALONE in the struggle. It is only looking back that I can even identify what I felt, and that is CARED FOR.

I have felt for the first time maybe ever, that God will always CARE for me. There is a difference between being loved and being cared for. It is that sense of priority. It is what I recall as a kid feeling when I knew that when the rubber hit the road, it wasn't MY problem to solve.

As they say "the penny dropped" and all of those scriptures about God being our ALL; seeking first the kingdom and ALL these things will be added; suddenly I am beginning to understand what that could mean to my life.

And 1000 tongues, singing for 1000 years couldn't BEGIN to describe MY GOD!!

No comments: