Tuesday, February 17, 2009

And that's my brother!

Happy Birthday to my Brother!

Today is his birthday and so here are the top things I like about him.

I like that he is older, and he had to go first... always!
I love that he taught me how to tie my shoes
I like that I can always find him in a crowd!
I LOVE that there is no one I know more clear-headed in a crisis.
I love how much he loves his daughter!
I admire him for tackling life's difficulties in what is sometimes the most difficult way.... just showing up.
I like that he can give me a hug that envelopes me... not many people can
I even like that they are kind of rare... because then I get to enjoy them more!
I like that he is thoughtful when it matters most.
I liked being well known in high school as "Shorty's sister".
He is generous, and big hearted!
I love that everywhere he goes, there are friends he cares about.
I love when he gets me laughing until I can't breathe!
I love it when he is most himself and the depths of who he is comes forth.
I love that he can bring me to tears with a well-timed email!

You don't know big brother, because I don't tell you enough, how much I love you, and how inspired I am that you are following your life-long dream. To see you passionate about the next step calls me to higher things.

Keep going, keep being who you are, I am cheering you on from the sidelines.....

Happy Birthday!

And that my friends is my brother.....

No comments: