Friday, December 15, 2006

The Big 40!!!

I just realized that this will be my 40th post! There is a lot of Biblical significance to the number 40. As you know it rained for 40 days and 40 nights in Noah's days, the Isrealites wandered in the wilderness for 40 before reaching the promised land.

This time in my life has been both stormy and like the wilderness. While I would never equate my life with an entire generation dying in the desert after being rescued from slavery, I can see some parallels. This has been a growing time, and a time of frustration while I learn to rely on God and sometimes I forget what He has done even just yesterday to provide for me and take me one step closer for the promised land!!

How easy it is to forget from one day to the next the miraculous things that God does day by day. One of the benefits of Blogging is that it forced me to document those all to easily forgotten moments that occur throughout the day.

It is my desire to always see the God and the good in every situation.

There seems to be a common thread to all of the 40's in the Bible. Coming out of each situation there was a promise from God for massive change and growth and progress, but always carried with it the command of God to not forget to say thank you.

Noah built an altar to the Lord, and the Isrealites built a temple as a lasting reminder that God was in their presence. I will build around myself a lifestyle of thankfulness, and for those times that I forget, a wall of people who will remind me!

This is a milestone, a marked moment in my life. I am believing for a turning point, a reaping of what has been sown over the last years. I can almost see over the horizon........ just one more moment......... just wait, I'll tell you when I see it!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura!

that's really good that you've reached the 40 mark!!! i'm slowly but surely getting there... lol. Blogging is a lot of fun, but it also teaches you about yourself and it inspires others. i've definitely been captivated by your blog the past few weeks, so keep it up!!! and i pray that you do reach a new point in your life, 40 does always brings good promises and fullfilment in the bible!!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Laura:

Hey, when you put it that way, I am excited about my 40th year on this earth and beyond and all the work I will get to do for His purposes.

Thanks Laura for the inspiration.

Peace and blessings I pray to you in Jesus' name:

Donna

Trayce said...

I am believing with you for a turning point.
...we are waiting to hear when you see it!!!

lOVE YA!