Thursday, May 15, 2008

What would you do?

As I recently posted, I am going overseas for 6 months on a job opportunity that is over the top amazing! I am so excited about it. There is one area that requires more preparation and thought than the others. I am confident that I have the physical equipment that I need, the little comforts of home and all of that, but I am not sure I have the spiritual equpiment that I need.

I suppose it could be argued that all one needs on a long trip away from home is one's Bible, and that should sustain. I suppose that if I was the great Christian that I wanted to be, that would be enough. I know though, that I need a wider variety of spiritual inputs in order to keep my boiling point high.

Th environment that I will be working in, is one that not only has very little input spiritually, but it also will be very draining. I think it would be challenging even if I was here at home, even more so being away from the community I rely on so much.

Even as I write this, I know that God will sustain me because He has called me to this. I have been praying for a long time to have a self-perpetuating faith that doesn't rely on others for its strength. Now that I not to say that we don't need one another, rather that sometimes I think we rely too much on one another and not enough on our relationship with God.

So, here is my question.......

If you were going to be away from all of your spiritual supports for 6 months... what would you pack to take with you?

No comments: