Sunday, May 04, 2008

What does this mean???



Has anyone else noticed that supermarket ice cream doesn't actually melt???

When I was a kid, we used to wait for our ice cream to melt a bit and then we would stir it around and around to make a soft serve type dessert. If you left a carton out for long enough though, it would turn to liquid pretty quickly! This has all changed. A few years ago, I plopped (by accident) ice cream on my counter, it was a premuim brand, and it happened to stay there for about a week..... (Ddon't judge me, for I am new creation!) It was incredible. There was no change in the consistency or colour or anything! It just stayed there for a week, until I had to scrape it off with a kinfe!

This weekend, I had copious amounts of girl time, ergo, copious amounts of icecream (it's what we do, right ladies?) On 2 different occasions with 2 different brands and 2 different flavours, I noticed the same thing. Ice cream no longer melts to a liquid form, it merely morphs into some strange plastic looking goop that just 'is'. It makes me wonder what could they possibly be putting in those cartons, that we, in turn, are ingesting.

It makes you wonder!

No comments: