Monday, June 18, 2007

Reflections on Father's Day

Today was very full... lots happened, but most of all, Father's day!


Top 10 reasons I love my dad:

1) He loves the Lord
2) He loves to laugh
3) He loves his wife
4) He is very very smart and knows almost everything -or so it seems
5) His loyalty to the people he loves- even when it hurts
6) His tender desire to be in relationships that are healthy
7) His acceptance of others exactly where they are
8) His generosity of time, talents, spirit and love
9) He is teachable and curious about life
10) My dad works hard.... everything that he does he does with excellence.
11) His sense of honour- my dad put a lot of his own dreams on hold to ensure that we as a family had all that we needed and much of what we wanted..... and asked so very little in return.

Thanks dad for all that you model to me and those around me. Thanks for pouring into my friends and being open to give away so much of the life experience you have gained through hard work.

I love you Dad!

Today was a very full and amazing day.

Here are some of the cool things that happened today:
1) New outfit.... felt like a million bucks!
2) Watched a favourite couple of mine step into senior pastor role after serving faithfully as Associate Pastor for many years. (Jay & Lori)
3) Loved watching our beloved Senior Pastor (Barry) as he was presented with a new Mustang in thanks of 26 years of service
4) Such a feeling of amazing pride in our leaders at The Life Centre for modelling a different way!
5) Great lunch with good friends & getting to know them better!
6) Found the PERFECT Father's day gift at the first store I visited
7) Spent some quality time with my dad-at the lake
8) Grilled almost perfect steaks (a first for me!)
9) Drifting in the boat in the middle of the lake watching the sun go down wrapped an a blanket, debating whether the twinkling lights that were appearing were Satellites, planes or stars
10) A late night snack of Butterscotch Ripple with my dad!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves your Dad. You're a chippette off the old block. I'm glad you had such an amazing day! What ten things do you love about yourself??