Thursday, June 14, 2007

Behind Every Good Man



Ruth Graham, the wife of Billy Graham died today. It is a remarkable woman who can stand behind a man like that. To her credit, we don't know that much about her through the media.

Although she met many extraordinary people-including presidents- this is what her family had to say....

Ruth Graham was considered her husband's closest confidant during his spectacular global career ...
"She would help my father prepare his messages, listening with an attentive ear, and if she saw something that wasn't right or heard something that she felt wasn't as strong as it could be, she was a voice to strengthen this or eliminate that," said her son, Franklin, who is now the head of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.

"Every person needs that kind of input in their life and she was that to my father."

What a badge of honour that is!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is pretty sad. I just read *yesterday* that she was in a coma. What a support she's been to Billy over the years.

BTW, Hi Laura, glad to finally be back in touch with you via facebook. You'll be happy to know I no longer publish my old humour mailing list, so I have no means to make fun of our interactions any more ;o)

Anonymous said...

That's how I want to be loved and remembered.