Saturday, April 07, 2007

Out of the Salt Shaker!

We have just completed "The Nails" performances for the year. While it is bittersweet to find that all the hard work we put into it over the last few months is over so fast, I know that we touched many lives. In each performance there were more people who had never seen it than who had. Each of us took up the mantle of bringing friends and family who need to know about God. It makes every moment worth it.

The highlight for me is how everyone involved comes together as a family. It doesn't matter whether someone has a solo, a single line, or is working in the background helping with makeup or hopsitality, we all share a bond. We were part of the CAST AND CREW of '07!

The cool thing about having so many people involved from the smallest kids to the biggest kids (those of us who are usually called adults) we all get to cross out of our usual social strucutres and meet people we might never had met.

I had the amazing privilege of meeting a couple of really amazing single women, built better realtionships with those I already knew, and met some completely new people. It is too easy in a church of our size to see faces for many years and pass in the halls but never meet. I am always amazed and humbled at how God connects hearts and lives in ways that are eternal.

In the book Captivating the authors talk about how one of the things women need is to be "an irreplaceable part of a grand adventure".

What bigger adventure is there in the whole world than to expose new people to the amazing Love of Jesus?? EVERYONE who gave even a single moment in service to The Nails, is an invaluable and indispensible link in the chain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still buzzing from last night Laura. Several co-workers came and when I spoke with them in the lobby, they said they couldn't get over how impressive the drama was. I was pleased of course but wanted to hear what had changed, you know? What did it mean? Did they feel God in the midst of the hard work and effort we put through? Was I part of a life-changing event?

I was completely blown away by the husband of one lady from work. I have never met him but have heard of his struggles with alcohol.

My co-worker introduced us and he shook my hand. His eyes teared up and the first words he spoke to me where "this will help me a lot with my sobriety". His wife didn't know what to say and I too was speechless. In the hallway, among so many people, I had a private, very intimate moment with a man I've never met and got to see the power of The Holy Spirit to set the captive free.

Needless to say, I invited them to come Sunday and encouraged the man to speak with me about our recovery Life Groups.

God never ceases to amaze me. I'm humbled.... Again

Gary

Donna said...

Amen and Amen Laura and Gary! I felt absolutly privileged to have the opportunity to serve and share the experience of the Nails knowing all thru it the great work Holy Spirit was doing and will continue to build on.

It was such a blessing to work with all who participated and an even greater blessing to see all those precious souls sitting in the pews. It touched me deeply and will be a cherished memory I have stored in my heart.

Thank you all. Thank you Christ Jesus.

Anonymous said...

That is amazing!
Laura